Over the weekend (while it was snowing outside) I did a bit of sewing. And, after 3 years of planning/promising — a t-shirt quilt for Willie Jay was started. Saturday a lot of t-shirt pressing, cutting, stabilizing and sewing was done –but, on Sunday I needed a break from all those t-shirts. I happened to have a new pattern that I was wanting to try from the website http://youcanmakethis.com/ – The Apron Top.
Using only fabric from my stash I made our youngest grand-daughter a pink/black, girly top — so sweet with that little pocket on the front and the ties in the back.
The Apron Top accompanied me to Stitchers Monday night and everyone loved it. On Tuesday it went out in the mail to Laney and last night I got a call from her Mommy. Laney loved the Apron Top but there is a small problem — she thinks it’s a skirt — and will only wear it tied around her waist. Her Mommy pleaded with her to at least try it on as a top — no way – that little red-head has a mind of her own and it was set. It has been suggested I have a little chat with Laney, which gave me the idea of making Laney a skirt from the same fabric. Perhaps then she would agree to wear the Apron Top as it was meant to be worn. I’m thinking this could this be a good excuse to buy that new skirt pattern I been looking at — at least that’s what I’m telling myself . . . . .